Arrow of Light Award
- Be active in your Webelos den for at least 6 months since
completing the fourth grade (or for at least six months
since becoming 10 years old), and earn the Webelos
- Show your knowledge of the requirements to become a Boy
Scout by doing all of these:
- Repeat from memory and explain in your own words the
Scout Oath or Promise and the 12 points of the Scout
Law. Tell how you have practiced them in your everyday
- Give and explain the Scout motto, slogan, sign, salute,
- Understand the significance of the Scout badge.
Know its parts and tell what each stands for.
- Tell how a Boy Scout uniform is different from a
Webelos Scout uniform.
- Earn five more activity badges for a total of eight. (You
already earned three for the Webelos badge. The total
of eight must include Citizen,
Fitness, Readyman, and
at least one from the outdoor group, one from the
mental skills group, and one from the technology
- With your Webelos den, visit at least one Boy Scout troop
meeting, and one Boy Scout-oritented outdoor activity.
- Participate in a Webelos overnight campout or day hike.
- After you have completed all five of the above
requirements, and after a talk with your Webelos
leader, arrange to visit, with your parent or guardian,
a meeting of a Boy Scout troop you think you might like
to join. Talk to the Scoutmaster. Then get an
"Application to Become a Boy Scout," fill it out and
have your parent or guardian sign it. Show it to your
Webelos leader and talk about your interest in becoming
a Boy Scout.