The Star rank reqirements were revised effective January 1, 1998.
The Star rank requirements will be revised
effective April 1, 1999.
- Be active in your troop or patrol for at least
4 months as a First Class Scout.
- Demonstrate scout spirit by living the Scout Oath
(Promise) and Scout Law in your everyday life.
- Earn six merit badges, including four from the
required list for Eagle. *
- While a First Class Scout, take part in
projects totaling at least 6 hours of work. These
projects must be approved by your Scoutmaster.
- While a First Class Scout, serve
actively 4 months
in one or more of the following troop positions of
responsibility (or carry out a Scoutmaster-assigned
leadership project to help the troop):
senior patrol leader,
assistant senior patrol leader,
junior assistant scoutmaster,
Venture crew chief, or
Varsity team captain.
- Take part in a Scoutmaster conference
- Complete your board of review.
* The required list for Eagle has 15
in 12 categories. Any of the 15 may be used
for this requirement.