Boy Scout Joining Requirements
- Complete the fifth grade, or be 11 years old,
or have earned the Arrow of Light Award, but
be younger than 18 years old.
- Submit a completed Boy Scout application and
health history signed by your parent or guardian.
- Repeat the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Demonstrate the Scout sign, salute, and handclasp.
- Demonstrate tying the square knot (joining knot).
- Understand and agree to live by the Scout Oath or
promise, Law, motto, and slogan, and the Outdoor Code.
- Describe the Scout badge.
- With your parent or guardian, complete the
exercises in the pamphlet "How to Protect Your
Children from Child Abuse and Drug Abuse".
- Participate in a Scoutmaster conference.