The Life rank requirements were revised effective January 1, 1998.
The Life rank requirements will be revised
effective April 1, 1999.
- Be active in your troop or patrol for at least
6 months as a Star Scout.
- Demonstrate Scout spirit by living the Scout Oath
(Promise) and Scout Law in your everyday life.
- Earn five more merit badges (so that you have 11
in all), including any three more from the
reqired list for Eagle.
- While a Star Scout, take part in
totaling at least 6 hours of work. These projects
must be approved by your Scoutmaster.
- While a Star Scout, serve actively 6
months in one
or more of the troop positions of responsibility
listed in requirement 5 for Star Scout
(or carry out
a Scoutmaster-assigned leadership project to help
- Take part in a Scoutmaster conference
- Complete your board of review.