The Life rank requirements will be revised effective April 1, 1999. Scouts may complete
Life rank using the old requirements until April 1, 1999 and may
complete Life rank using these new requirements beginning January 1, 1999. Due to the time
needed to fulfill requirement 1, any Scout who becomes Star after
October 1, 1998 must use these requirements.
- Be active in your troop or patrol for at least 6 months as a Star
- Demonstrate Scout spirit by living the Scout Oath (Promise) and Scout Law in your
- Earn five more merit badges (so that you have 11 in all), including any three more from
the reqired list for Eagle.
- While a Star Scout, take part in service
projects totaling at least 6 hours of work. These projects must be approved by your
- While a Star Scout, serve actively 6 months in one or more of
the positions of responsibility listed in requirement 5 for Star
Scout (or carry out a Scoutmaster-assigned leadership project to help the troop).
- Take part in a Scoutmaster conference
- Complete your board of review.