Requirements for Eagle Scout rank from September 1, 1993 - September 1, 1994:
- Be active in your troop or patrol for at least 6 months as a Life
- Demonstrate Scout spirit by living the Scout Oath (Promise) and Scout Law in your
- Earn a total of 21 merit badges (10 more than you already have), including the
- First Aid
- Citizenship in the Community
- Citizenship in the Nation
- Citizenship in the World
- Emergency Preparedness OR Lifesaving*
- Environmental Science
- Personal Management
- Personal Fitness OR Swimming OR Sports*, and
- While a Life Scout, serve actively for 6 months in one or more
of the following troop positions of responsibility: assistant senior patrol leader,
chaplain aide, den chief, instructor, junior assistant Scoutmaster, librarian, patrol
leader, quartermaster, scribe, senior patrol leader, troop guide, Venture crew chief, or
Varsity team captain.
- While a Life Scout, plan, develop, and give leadership to
others in a service project helpful to any religious institution, any school, or your
community. The project idea must be approved by your Scoutmaster and troop committee and
approved by the council or district before you start. You must use the Eagle Scout
Service Project Workbook, No. 18-927, in meeting this requirement.
- Take part in a Scoutmaster conference.
* You must choose only one merit badge listed in items g and j. If you
have earned more than one of the badges listed in items g and j, choose one
and list the remaining badges to make your total of 21.
NOTE: If you have a permanent physical or mental disability you may become an Eagle
Scout by qualifying for as many required merit badges as you can and qualifying for
alternate merit badges for the rest. If you seek to become and Eagle under this procedure,
you must submit a special application to your council service center. Your application
must be approved by your council committee on advancement BEFORE YOU CAN WORK ON
ALTERNATIVE MERIT BADGES. (See Article entitled "Alternative Merit Badges for the
Eagle Scout Rank" posted on this system.)