- Give the qualities of wood that are useful for carving.
Tell why you chose the wood used in requirements 4 and 5.
- Do the following:
- Describe five wood-carving tools. Tell their use.
- Describe several kinds of sharpening stones. Tell
how they are used.
- Show how to sharpen a pocket-knife and other tools
used in wood carving. Use a sharpening stone and a
"slipstick" that you have made.
- Show the safety principles for using a pocketknife and
- Plan and carve in the round a simple object. Prepare it
- Plan and carve in low relief a design on some simple
project. Prepare it for finish.