- Explain the responsibilities of a salesman, how he
serves his customers, and how he helps the economy grow.
- Do ONE of the following (including the keeping of records):
- Help your unit raise funds through sales either of
merchandise or of tickets to a Scout event such as a
circus or show, accounting for more than your
proportionate share of the sales.
- Earn money for yourself through retail selling, such
as in a store.
- Explain the value to a salesman of the following points,
with regard to the item he is selling:
- Properly researching the market for the potential
salability of the item.
- Proper training in sales, particularly concerning
the item he wants to sell.
- If possible, visiting the plant that produces the
item and seeing the manufacturing process.
- Continuing the follow-up with accounts after their
- Develop and present to your counselor a sales program
for a territory and product assigned by the counselor.
- Assume you have the proper background and traits for a
sales job that appeals to you. Prepare a written
statement of your qualifications and experience that you
could send to a prospective employer.
- Interview a salesman and a retailer who buys from
salesman. Submit your answers to your counselor.
- Make a sales presentation of a product assigned by your
counselor of a reasonable value.
- Investigate and report on career opportunities in sales.
List high school courses most helpful in beginning such