- Do the following:
- Prepare a written speech of 750 words.
- Give the main idea or topic of the speech in
one complete sentence.
- Tell the kind of audience for whom it was
- Describe your purpose. Tell what main idea you
want the audience to remember about your
- Show the following:
- The ideas list you used in preparing your
- The outline.
- The final text.
- Give this speech before an audience.
- Give a 10-minute speech on a subject other than the one
used in requirement 1. Use a visual or audio aid.
- Give an impromptu talk of at least 2 minutes, either as
part of a group discussion or before your counselor. Use
a subject interesting to you but for which you do not
have time to prepare.
- Read aloud a selection of 500 words you have never seen.
- Show you know parliamentary procedure by leading a
discussion or meeting according to accepted rules of
order; or answer questions on the rules of order.