- Do the following:
- Explain three ways paint can improve a surface.
- Explain the chief uses of oil, water, and rubber-
base paint. Tell the use of enamel, shellac,
varnish, and lacquer. Tell why each is best for
- Prepare and paint any two of the following items or
similar ones approved by your counselor. Use proper
fillers, priming coats, covering coats, and finishing
coats as needed: an outside surface, an inside surface,
a piece of furniture, a concrete wall, a boat or canoe,
a floor, a porch rail or fence, and lawn mower.
- Prepare an old painted surface, that has holes in it and
is uneven to receive and hold a new coat of paint.
- Add colors to white paint base to make paints of two
predetermined colors that harmonize. With these, paint
one of the following in two colors: model plane,
birdhouse, dollhouse, picture frame, or similar useful
- Show the right way to use, clean, and store painting