- Name 15 parts of a horse.
- Name four leading breeds of horses. Explain what each
breed is noted for.
- Show how to care for a saddle and bridle. Name the main
parts of the saddle and the bridle.
- Show how to groom, pick out feet, and care for a horse
before and after riding.
- Describe the symptoms of colic. Describe four other
- Name three main defects of feet and legs. Explain how
to detect them.
- Describe the right way to feed the horse that you use
for this test. Explain why the amount and kind of feed
will be changed according to the work and the kind of
horse it is.
- Show how to lead a horse from a stall, corral, or field
and saddle and bridle properly.
- On level ground, continuously do the following
movements. Do them correctly, at ease, and in harmony
with the horse:
- Walk the horse in a straight line for 60 feet.
- Make a half circle of not more than 16 feet in
- Trot in a straight line for at least 60 feet.
- Make a half circle of not more than 30 feet in
radius at trot.
- Canter in a circle 30 feet in radius on proper
- Change direction. Either reverse at canter and
change leads or come down to a walk, reverse, and
take up canter on proper lead.
- Halt straight.
- Back up straight four paces.
- Halt and dismount.
- Show how to safely approach and remove a horse from a
stall in a fire.