- Do the following:
- Grow six vegetables, three from seeds and three
from seedlings, through harvesting.
- Grow six flowers, three from seeds and three from
seedlings, through flowering.
- Give the food value of the following:
- Three root or tuber crops.
- Three fruits or vegetables which bear above the
- Three leafy greens.
- Tell what you did to control insects or diseases. Tell
where and how to use a contact insecticide a stomach
poison, and a fungicide.
- Do THREE of the following:
- Test 100 garden seeds for germination.
- Make a hotbed or cold frame, and grow plants in
- Clean, bunch, or pack and three vegetables for
- Enter on of the vegetables or flowers you have
grown in a show, fair, or festival.
- Make a storage bin or pit for home use. Store part
of your crop you have grown. Describe the process.