- Tell some of the characteristics of 10 breeds of dogs,
OR give a short history of one.
- Point out on a dog (or on a sketch) at least 10 parts.
Give the correct name of each.
- Present a report signed by a parent or guardian
describing the care you have given your dog for 2
months. Include these items: feeding schedule, food
used, housing, exercising, grooming, and bathing. Tell
what has been done to keep the dog alert and healthy.
- Present a written report showing about how much it
costs to keep your dog for 2 months.
- Explain the right way to obedience train. Show with
your dog any three of these commends: "Come," "Sit,"
"Down," "Heel," "Stay," "Take it," Drop it," "Get it."
- Do at least TWO of the following:
- Describe what should be done to remove fleas,
ticks, and lice from your dog.
- Describe the symptoms of the following: distemper,
rabies, mange, ringworm. Explain what you would do
if your dog showed these.
- Describe the proper treatment for sore ear, sore
eye, fits, removing something swallowed by a dog,
removing something stuck in its throat.
- Explain first aid for a dog bite. List the things
as needed in every dog owner's first aid kit.
- Explain precautions to take in handling a hurt dog.
Show how to put on an emergency safety muzzle. Explain
how to treat wounds. Show how to put on a simple dressing
and bandage to the foot, body, or head. Explain what to
do if a dog is hit by a car.
- Tell the dangers of home treatment of a serious
ailment. Report on a visit to a veterinary hospital,
or report on a visit to an animal shelter.
- Know the laws and ordinances involving dogs in force in