Requirements for Communications merit badge from ? to January 1, 1998.
- Develop a plan to teach a skill. Have it approved by
your counselor. Then, create and make teaching aids.
Carry out your plan. With your counselor, check to see
if the learner has learned.
- Pick an item or product. It may be real or imagined.
Build a sales plan based on its good points. Try to
"sell" the counselor on buying it from you. Talk with
him about how well you did in telling him about the
item and the wisdom of buying it.
- Show how you would make a telephone call inviting
someone who is an expert (in the field of your choice)
give a demonstration on their skill to your unit.
- Do the following:
- Write a 5-minute speech. Give it at a meeting of a
- Show how to introduce a guest speaker.
- Attend a town meeting where two or three points of view
are being given. Record what you hear. Make a report
from your notes. Tell your troop or patrol what you
think you heard.
- Plan a troop court of honor or campfire program. Give
it to the patrol leader's council for approval.
Write the script. Prepare the program for reproduction.
Act as master of ceremonies.
- Prepare an autobiographical resume that you would use
in applying for a job.
- Check careers in the field of communications. Prepare a
statement on the one you like. Talk it over with your