- Explain and demonstrate the proper elements of a good
- Do the following:
- Tell the story. How does it read on paper?
- Prepare a storyboard for your motion picture (this
can be with stick figures and rough sketches.)
- Demonstrate six of the following motion picture
- Using a tripod/monopod
- Panning the camera/following the action
- Lighting the subject
- Ensuring quality of light
- Hand-held shooting
- Recording good sound
- Do ONE of the following, using techniques in
planning a program for your troop or a school.
Start with a storyboard, and complete the
requirement by presenting it to your troop, patrol,
- Film or videotape a court of honor and edit it
to show a 10- to 15-minute highlight of the
- Create a minifeature of your own design using
the techniques you have learned.
- Film or videotape a vignette that could be
used to teach a new Scout a Scouting Skill.
- Do ONE of the following:
- Visit and watch how production work is done at a
television station, production studio, cable
television station, or related operation.
- Explain to your counselor the basic parts of a
motion picture camera or video camera and how it
- Explain the jobs related to film or video production:
director, producer, audio engineer, video engineer,