Traveler Activity Badge
MENTAL SKILLS GROUP
DO FIVE OF THESE:
- Get a map or timetable from a railroad, bus line, or
airline. The line should serve the place where you
live. Look up some places it goes.
- Use timetables to plan a trip from your home to a city
in another state by railroad, bus, or airline.
- Find out what it costs per mile to travel by bus,
railroad, or plane.
- With your parents or guardian, take a trip to someplace
that interests you. Go by bus, boat, train, or plane.
- List four nearby trips you would like to take with your
parent or guardian. Lay out the trips on a highway
map. Using the map, act as navigator on one of these
trips. It should be at least 25 miles long and have
six or more turns.
- Pack a suitcase for a trip.
- Check the first aid kit in the family car.