Naturalist Activity Badge
DO FOUR OF THESE:
- Keep an "insect zoo" that you have collected. You
might have crickets, ants, or grasshoppers.
- Set up an aquarium or terrarium. Put plants and
animals that you have collected in it. Keep it for at
least a month.
- Visit a museum of natural history, nature center, or
zoo with your family, den, or pack. Tell what you saw.
- Watch for birds in your yard, neighborhood, or town for
1 week. Identify the birds you see and write down
where and when you saw them.
- Learn about the bird flyways closest to your home.
Find out what birds use these flyways.
- Learn to identify poisonous plants and reptiles found
in your area.
- Watch six wild animals (snakes, turtles, fish, birds,
or mammals) in the wild. Describe the kind of place
(forest, field, marsh, yard, or park) where you saw
them. Tell what they were doing.