Geologist Activity Badge
DO FIVE OF THESE:
- Rocks and minerals are used in metals, glass, jewlry,
road-building products, and fertilizer. Give examples.
- Collect five geologic specimens that have important
- Make a scale of mineral hardness using things found at
home. Show how to use the scale by finding the
relative hardness of three samples.
- List some of the geologic materials used in building
- Make a drawing that shows the cause of a volcano, a
geyser, or an earthquake.
- Explain one way in which mountains are formed.