Communicator Activity Badge
DO FOUR OF THESE:
AND DO TWO OF THESE:
- Play the Body Language Game with your den.
- Tell your den about something you have done and answer
their questions about it.
- Invent and use a sign language or picture writing to
tell someone a story.
- With your den, use a signal code to send a message of a
- Tell how to use a telephone or Citizens Band (CB) radio
- Invent your own secret code and send one of your den
members a secret message.
- With one of your den members, tell a story two
different ways. Let the rest of the den try to find
out which version is true by asking questions.
- With your den, visit a library and talk to a librarian.
Learn how books are indexed to make them easy to find.
- Visit the newsroom of a newspaper or radio or
television station and find out how they receive
- Invite a blind, deaf, or mute person to visit your den.
Ask them about special problems they have in
communicating. See how well you can communicate with
- Use a personal computer or terminal to access a
computer database. Talk about what you discover.