Paul Bunyan Woodsman
Trail Pack or Blanket Emblem
Study chapter 6 in the FIELDBOOK and demonstrate to your Scoutmaster
or other qualified person designated by him the following:
- Show that you have earned the Totin' Chip.
- Help a Scout or patrol earn the Totin' Chip and demonstrate to
him (them) the value of proper woods tools use on a troop
- Using a saw or 3/4 ax and a wood or plastic wedge and a mallet
cut a log 6-8 feet long and 4 or more inches in diameter into 2-
foot lengths. Split these 2-foot lengths into quarters.
- With official approval and supervision do ONE of the following:
- Clear trails of fire lanes for 2 hours.
- Demonstrate how to fell a standing tree 4 inches or more at
the butt. Lop branches. Make a brush pile. Cut tree into 2-
foot length and stack.
- Trim a downed tree, cut into 4-foot lengths and stack; make
a brush with branches.
- Build a natural retaining wall or irrigation way to aid in a
planned conservation effort.
- Participate in an approved "SOAR for the Better Life" or
conservation effort project in your council.